Senior Systems Engineer
Biz Technology Solutions is looking for a VMware / Senior Systems Engineer to join our team of engineers with the following skills and knowledge
Required Skills / Knowledge
- VMware – facilitate projects on a day-to-day basis such as deploying new ESX hosts, migrating VMs between ESX hosts (both manually and with vMotion), retiring old ESX hosts, ESX upgrades, deployments from scratch, and physical-to-virtual (P2V) implementations. We also needs someone that can perform troubleshooting of deployments to expose bottlenecks and misconfigurations/trouble issues. Experience with virtual networking concepts/iSCSI would be fantastic.
- Storage – comfortable with Compellent and Equallogic storage devices, or iSCSI in general, particularly in virtualized environments. Deploying new devices, integrating with VMware, day to day maintenance and adjustments, and troubleshooting.
- AD – adept at troubleshooting enterprise-level Active Directory issues and concepts. Replication issues between DCs across long physical distances, interoperability between different domains/forests, trust issues between different domains, etc.
- VDI – comfortable with VMware’s VDI solution. Needs to be familiar with deployment and maintenance/optimization/troubleshooting.
- Networking – able to address networking issues, specifically during VMware implementations/iSCSI. We have historically leveraged Dell networking equipment and very little Cisco. Our flagship router series is Fortinet.
- Citrix – troubleshooting and maintaining Citrix VDI for large organizations.
- RDS – deploying and maintaining large RDS environments complete with load-balancing, RD Web, app publishing, and other matters.
- Vendor Support – engaging with vendor support for products they may not be familiar with and/or generally working with vendors to see complex issues to completion including Microsoft/VMware/Dell.
- Experience in a managed service environment is a plus
- 3+ years of direct work experience in IT support.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent listening skills.
- Self-motivated, with high energy and engaging level of enthusiasm.
- Ability to work individually and as part of a team.
- High level of integrity and work ethic.
- Valid driver’s license and transportation.
Biz Technology Solutions is a dynamic, fun-spirited company that helps nourish the mind as well as promote creativity and overall happiness.