Biz Technology Solutions, Inc is currently looking to hire a Solutions Engineer. A leader in Managed IT Services and Professional services; we have been providing world class services for over 20 years to small to medium size organizations in the Carolina’s. Due to growth, we are looking for a self-motivated and driven solutions engineer to add to a highly skilled team of engineers. The solution engineer will work with Managed IT Services prospects, and clients as well as our internal sales and IT operation teams to develop and lead the implementation of IT infrastructure solutions. This position allows for some work from home days.
This position is for someone who not only wants to continue learning but also does well in different situations and presented with new challenges on a regular basis. We offer a competitive benefits package including first year PTO, health benefits, 401k with matching, and bonuses for performance. There are also very rewarding incentive programs designed to encourage growth and advancement through learning new technologies or achieving new certifications.
- Identify IT issues with the prospect’s environment and propose technical solutions
- Help develop cost-effective IT solutions following industry best practices
- Lead pre-sales and post-sales of technical solutions from presenting to quoting and implementation phases
- Provide periodical IT advisory services and development of IT road-maps for current clients
- Be a technical liaison between various stakeholders including prospects, clients, on-boarding, procurement, project management and account management staff.
- Assist with client on-boarding projects when they are complex
- Perform in-depth assessments of the prospect’s infrastructure, identify risk for the client and foresee IT support issues that need to be addressed before client on-boarding
- Set client’s expectations
- Gather solution requirements necessary to develop proposals, quotes or SOWs
- Assist the sales and marketing team with technical contents needed for webinars, events, blogs, marketing assets, technology education etc.
- Assist with client security training sessions
- Assist the IT department with some special R/D projects
Knowledge of the following technologies:
- Windows server platform
- Backup design
- Active Directory
- Cloud Computing
- Migration management
- Microsoft Teams
- Office 365
- VMware and Hyper-V
- Networking knowledge
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 3+ years of experience with Microsoft Information Technology
- Good knowledge of security best practices, backup and disaster and recovery planning
- Having worked for an MSP or service-based company is a plus
- Full time permanent position. Salary based on experience